Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The Plot Thickens

Police named G Unit's Young Buck (nee David Darnell Brown) as the stabber at Monday's Vibe music awards. From what I can discern, he was trying to protect Dr. Dre, who was slugged by a man named Jimmy James Johnson. I can't say I'm too shocked as Young Buck seems to be the hot head of G Unit. Whereas Lloyd Banks is content to rap about bling bling and "taking care of birds like an animal doctor," Buck's lyrics are usually a bit more antagonistic:

From "Poppin' Them Thangs":
I been havin beef, I got my own bulletproof vest
Most of my enemies dead, I got about two left
Until my last breath, I'm sendin niggaz bulletholes
Innocent bystanders get hit tryin to be heroes



These are the kind of lyrics that look bad later in a courtroom environment.