Friday, February 06, 2015

'I'll Be Back...' to Destroying the Golden Gate Bridge

One of this blog's favorite topics is the perpetual destruction of the Golden Gate Bridge by Hollywood movies. Well, it appears the span suffers a fresh assault in the new Terminator film.


I'm not sure I entirely get the plot of the new picture, "Terminator Genesis," but it appears the robot played Arnold Schwarzenegger comes back as an older version of himself. (I guess if they never bothered explaining why robots have Austrian accents, there's no need to address the aging thing either.)

Loyal readers know that I've long wondered why the Bay Bridge doesn't get the same attention as the Golden Gate. So I was heartened by last year's publicity campaign for "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes," which showed the Bay Bridge being menaced.


Well, after recently watching the movie, I'm sad to report that the Bay Bridge is nowhere to be seen. Once again, it's all about the Golden Gate.

Talk about false advertising.