Sunday, September 14, 2014

One Step Closer to My Dream

It's been my longstanding ambition to create a restaurant where you can eat everything on the table (including the utensils and napkins). Pending a licensing agreement with Alka-Seltzer, it will be called "I Can't Believe I Ate the Whole Thing."

The idea to serve wraps, bread bowls and other edible items. We'd use pretzel forks and a lettuce leaf for customers wipe their faces (perhaps a nice bibb).

Serving drinks has always been the challenge. I've contemplated having waiters rove around shooting beverages into customers mouths from a nozzle, but this doesn't seem practical. Likewise, lowering the temperature to subfreezing and using glasses made of ice would be difficult.

So I was excited to see this solution: serving drinks inside ice-cream cones. Apparently you can get a latte this way at Alfred Coffee & Kitchen in Los Angeles. (Thanks for the heads up, BuboBlog West Coast correspondent Dave.)



Why didn't I think of this before?