Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The First Hyperlapse of the Roosevelt Island Tram

Instagram released a new app today that lets you shoot time-lapse videos without the usual shakiness. It relies on your smartphone's gyroscope, rather than just trying to stabilize the video based on the images coming into the camera.



It's pretty cool, so I figured I'd use it on my commute home to take what I assume is the first Roosevelt Island tram Hyperlapse.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize until too late that it works in both vertical and landscape modes. As a result, I created a dreaded vertical video. Please don't hold it against me; it was my first Hyperlapse ever.

UPDATE: I made another video from other direction. And yes, it's horizontal.



This latest one has been shared by a few websites and now has almost 13,000 views.