Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Tasty Twist on the Typical Valentine's Card

It's Valentine's Day. And for young schoolkids, that means bringing enough valentines for every child in the class.

If it were up to me, I would just buy Elliot a 20-pack of preprinted cards for school ("I choo-choo-choose you, and it has a picture of a train.") But my wife is a bit too crafty for that.


She and the little guy created these neat cardboard roses by cutting up egg cartons and decorating them with paint and glitter glue. Each one has a lollipop inside, providing the flower's stem.


However, making 20-plus of them took some time. (In fact, Elliot went to bed well before we finished.)


Suddenly, I'm a big proponent of smaller class sizes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find enough egg cartons? Did you go door to door or will you be eating hard boiled eggs until Elliot leaves for college?

Nick said...

Two egg cartons makes 24 flowers.