Sunday, December 16, 2012

For Santa, a Truly Modest Proposal

Elliot sat down to write a letter to Santa (well, he dictated the letter to us and then signed it).


The end result is something that's heavy on pleasantries and chitchat but light on actually asking for stuff.
Dear Santa, 
How are your reindeer doing? How is your week going? I love Santa. I love snowflakes. Grandmama is going to come for Christmas. 
I was good this year. I helped put the Christmas tree ornaments on. I was a good big brother. I would like an umbrella. I like tigers. 
Love, Elliot
Unless he's actually requesting a tiger for Christmas (I'm not entirely clear on that), the "ask" portion of the letter is pretty modest. If you're going to butter up Santa, you might as well get something out of it.

Anyway, I think we can probably make this umbrella thing happen.