Saturday, October 09, 2010

Infant Social Networking: Is It Wrong?

A study found that 92 percent of American babies have a social-networking presence. I guess this isn't too big a shock (in fact, it makes you wonder who the parents of the other 8 percent are). But it does give one pause.

I blogged during Elliot's birth and posted his first video of him throwing up within seven weeks. (Looking back now, I'm surprised it took me that long.)

video

But clearly I'm not alone. The other day I was looking at the computer and Elliot crawled into my lap demanding to see "BABIES." (With his sister on the way, he's become increasingly interested in them.)

I told him, "You're in luck, Elliot. There's a website devoted to pictures of babies. It's called Facebook."