Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thanks, Microsoft!

I've had my hopes dashed before by Nigerian gentlemen offering me money. But clearly this must be legitimate. I mean, it came from Microsoft.

Today I got a message saying that I had won "£750,000.00 {Seven Hundred And Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds}" in the Microsoft Lottery:
This promotion was set-up to encourage the active users of the Internet Microsoft Windows. Hence we do believe with your winning prize, you will continue to be active and patronage to the Microsoft Windows. We wish to formally announce to you that you have successfully passed the requirements, statutory obligations, verifications, validations and satisfactory report Test conducted for all on line winners.



It maybe seems odd that I would receive this note while using a Macintosh, but no matter. Would Mrs. Bryan McDonald, Microsoft Promotion Team, Vice President, lie to me? (Though someone should inform her that it's unprofessional to use her husband's name in business correspondence.)

At the bottom it says:
Note that this program is being sponsored by MICROSOFT/AOL INTERNET EXPLORER.


Holy crap, was there a merger I didn't hear about? I need to go call my office.

No comments: