Saturday, October 25, 2008

No Kidding About Those Spiders

Remember when we went to Australia and visited a wildlife exhibit:
They bragged nonstop about how Australia has the deadliest everything (deadliest spider, deadliest snake, deadliest platypus). Normally I insist on telling foreigners that the U.S.A. is No. 1, but I guess I'm okay with ranking low on these lists.

Well, I think this reinforces their claim about the spiders: In someone's backyard in Queensland, Australia, this spider (seen below) captured a bird in its net and ate it! Apparently the spider is called a Golden Orb Weaver and usually eats insects, but well, decided to be adventurous this week.

If I ever found this happening in my backyard, you would just see a dust outline of me and I would reappear in Antarctica.*




*Zero spiders there.

No comments: