Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Escape From Folsom

Kelly's mother is in town this week, and my parents came to visit yesterday, so we had all of Elliot's grandparents at our apartment.

This coincided with the Folsom Street Fair, happening just outside our door.

There's nothing quite like spending quality time with grandparents while looking out at a sea of chaps, reddened buttcheeks, leather floggers and genitalia harnesses.

I went out with my parents to buy meat at Costco for dinner (it's only three blocks away, so we went on foot). On the way home, we returned via Folsom, taking us through the heart of the fair and its wall-to-wall crowds of gyrating naked men. Let's just say we weren't the only people carrying meat. [Zing! -ed.]

As we squeezed through the throngs of leather-clad humanity, there were a couple times when I didn't think we were going to make it. I feel like Barber's Adagio should have been playing in the background.

I was relieved to finally return home — until I discovered Elliot, wearing nothing but socks.

Et tu, Elliot??