Back when I was in my 20s and single, I had a giant container of Gatorade. I think it was so large that it didn't fit in the refrigerator. Anyway, after a while, a piece of mold began floating in it. Yet, for some reason, I kept drinking it. And the mold grew. This went on for quite some time as it was a very large container.
This story is often referenced as evidence that I am better off married than I was single.
But now I learn that the mold that forms in bottles of Gatorade (well, the example they give is Vitamin Water, but I'm sure it's the same thing) is PERFECTLY HARMLESS.