Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Stimulating the Economy!

We bought a new car over the weekend (okay, not really "new," more like previously not owned by us)...a model called a Mazda6.

I feel like we should have gotten some kind of hybrid, but since we hardly ever drive, it didn't really make sense cost-wise. Plus it's probably not very eco-friendly to produce a massive battery system (with all the future toxic waste that entails) if it's not really needed. But maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better.

I will say, we got a lot of pressure at one of the dealers to buy an SUV (especially after they saw that Kelly was El Preginente). Apparently there are a lot of them sitting on dealer lots right now. Given the price of gas, I wonder who is still purchasing SUVs. But then I also wonder who is still naming their children Madison (and it was the fifth most popular name last year).