Sunday, March 30, 2008

Seeing Double

Inspired by the news about the two Harvey Milk films, I thought it would fun to list the times Hollywood released movies on exactly the same topic at around the same time:

WYATT EARP (1993-1994)
"Tombstone," "Wyatt Earp"

VOLCANOES (1997)
"Dante's Peak," "Volcano"

COMPUTER-ANIMATED ANTS (1998)
"Antz," "A Bug's Life"

METEORS (1998)
"Deep Impact," "Armageddon"

MAIN CHARACTER TURNS OUT TO BE A GHOST (1999-2001)
"The Sixth Sense," "The Others"

TRUMAN CAPOTE (2005-2006)
"Capote," "Infamous"

HARVEY MILK (2008-2009)
"Milk," "The Mayor of Castro Street"

I must be forgetting some...

UPDATE: I came across this blog posting on the same topic. And actually, they do a much better job than me! How could I have forgotten "The Truman Show"/"Ed TV" or "The Illusionist"/"The Prestige" (which I even blogged about here).

Oh, oh: and the two Mars movies ("Red Planet," "Mission to Mars") in 2000!