Tuesday, January 01, 2008

'Computer Critters'

In the 1980s, they would show these cartoon "public service announcements" that would teach kids about computers. (I use quotes because I'm not sure kids needed help grasping the importance of computers.)

Anyway, for the last 20-plus years, I've been quoting the British alligator lady saying, "Digital watches are computers." But I never thought I'd see the real PSA again. Thanks to YouTube, now I can. Check it out.



Episode 2 of the series is good too -- in that it teaches you about a new input device called "a mouse."

P.S.: Could someone explain that part where they say computers are for "paying bills...mothers too." Do they mean computers are for paying mothers or that computers are also for mothers? Either way, it's an odd bit of dialogue.