Monday, June 25, 2007

Rap Video Shoot

Some friends came over tonight and we headed out to a local restaurant for dinner. As we were walking down our street, near the giant Mac Dre mural, we came across what I think was a rap music video. There were a bunch of people gathered around these two "hoochie-mamas" sitting in a convertible, and a cameraman was shooting the scene.

As we approached, someone flagged us down and told us to stay back. Apparently they did not want some dorky white people in their shot. This was upsetting, since I think I could have made a perfectly good extra. They just needed to give me a chance to break it down. (Maybe I should have shown them this picture as an example of my work!) Oh well. After a short while, they said it was OK to pass.

Unfortunately, I didn't make a note of the artist or anything. But it's exciting to see that Langton Street may be immortalized like that.