Monday, May 02, 2005

No Trip to the 'Candy Shop'

I was recently engaged in a debate as to whether it was "appropriate" to play 50 Cent's "Candy Shop" at a wedding. I personally felt that 50's innuendos were sufficiently veiled to pass muster:
I'll take you to the candy shop
I'll let you lick the lollipop
Go ahead girl, don't you stop
Keep going til you hit the spot, whoaa

Others (namely, Kelly) disagreed. Anyway, so I was interested to see that Boston-area schools are struggling with this same issue now that it's prom season. Apparently they have banned "Candy Shop" and other songs such as "Get Low," which features the lyric:
To the window, to the wall, (to dat wall)
To the sweat drop down my balls (MY BALLS)
To all you bitches crawl (crawl)
To all skee skee motherf---er (motherf---er!) all skee skee got dam (Got dam)
To all skee skee motherf---er (motherf---er!) all skee skee got dam (Got dam)

Um, ok. That one might be inappropriate.

No comments: